About Me

Hi, I’m Karin Katherine
Wife to a Road Warrior CEO
Homeschooling Mom of 5
Writer/Blogger
Traveler
Trophy Mom

Why the name Trophy Mom Diaries?

I am the 2nd wife to a man 15 years older than me.

Stereotypically that would make me the  ‘Trophy Wife’.

However, I’m also a homeschooling mother of 5;

who  drives a big white van with a posse of little ones;

is known for doing  laundry at midnight;

and tells stories of  escaping meal worms from Science projects gone bad.

I don’t fit most stereotypes.

What started as an inside joke became a catchy name for the blog and I just went with it.

What is a Trophy Mom?

Trophy Moms are intentional mothers who don’t really fit traditional stereotypes of what it is to be a wife or modern Mom.

Trophy Moms believe in giving motherhood their all, use their ( many) talents to bless their families and others, and actually enjoy being women.

They know motherhood actually deserves a Trophy and they are their husband’s prize, as every wife should be.

Why I write this blog

I believe women do best when they share and experience each others’ stories.   We all have truths to share.

My Truths:

Infertility/IVF/Adoption:

What I want you to know about infertility

Our Adoption Journey (and labor)

The Road to Motherhood that infertility built

3 Things NOT to say to someone going through infertility treatments

The Call to motherhood, even for the childless

Random facts about me to read during periods of extreme boredom or insomnia:

7 questions that scare me and 3 just for fun

6 More things about me

FAQ’s

Now that we’re BFF’s, why not subscribe by RSS or Email  so you don’t miss a single blog post?

enjoyed it? please share >Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on Twitter0Pin on Pinterest0Google+0

...so you won't miss a post! PLUS receive FREE monthly project posts to inspire you on your own Grateful Life journey, with exclusive content for subscribers.

Comments

1. says

I love the fact that you call out all mothers who compete against eachother! I never imagined motherhood to be like that and yet I find myself being sucked into their game. Your absolutely right about staying out of it and setting an example of doing so.

2. says

I like your about me page and I love how you explain how you fell into homeschooling. I totally get how you were trying alleviate your toddlers boredom.

Four is a wonderful number.

3. says

Karen,

This is great! I love the flow and honesty of your words. I feel like I just made a friend after reading that.

Our first year homeschooling was a trial and after that first year I couldn't believe how much we had done and how much I loved it.

I remember those days of little ones and how tired I was. My hubby was not around much either. I like your attitude and your grace for yourself and others.

Happy Homeschooling this year!

4. says

Hi Karin,

Just wanted you to know that Mommy Matters and Passport Academy have been in my Favorites since I discovered them earlier this year. I love your insight and the thoughtful advice you give. Now that I just started my own blog, I linked you on my blogroll so that my friends and family can get to know you, too. Would love any feedback you have about my blog Post-Modern Jen. Thanks, and happy new school year!

5. says

Wow! Just discovered your blog and was so refreshed and delighted to read such an open and personal 'About Me' page. Can't wait to make myself a cup of tea (yes, I live in England..!) and get to know you better!

6. says

I loved your story! It is very touching and inspiring for many young Moms struggling with day to day life. Homeschooling is something I would never consider….I commend you for doing it, not easy. May I also say you are flipping gorgeous! Like when do you find time to look beautiful on top of it all…oh yes I see you are a natural…I think I will leave now:) thanks for your story…..

7. says

Wow…they talk about it being a small world. I just discovered how true that is! I happened upon your blog while looking for a little “stay-at-home mom” inspiration…only to discover that I know your cousin, Andrea!!! We became friends when she was living in Indiana, and she is my youngest son's godmother! I knew your photo here looked familiar, so I checked her facebook page…and there you were! I'm so happy to find you…you're an inspiration! It's wonderful to find another mother who is proud to be raising her own children:)

Trackbacks