- Cut one popsicle stick in half with scissors
- Cut out clothing for stick figure (dress or pants and shirt)
- Cut out head of child from photograph
- Glue headpiece onto stick figure
- Lay dress or shirt onto stick figure, below head to get placement for arms
- remove dress or shirt piece and glue “arms” onto popsicle stick
- Glue clothing
- allow glue to dry for at least 15 minutes before using
Don’t be a perfectionist with this craft. Allow your child to have fun making this craft and designing the clothes—so what if the arms are a little off and the clothing isn’t perfect? It is still a fun craft and it involved cutting, gluing and dramatic play!
Although your kids will absolutely love seeing a stick puppet of themselves, don’t forget to make one of Mom and Dad and the family pets. They will enjoy acting out scenes if they have the entire family to play with.